A photofacial, also known as intense pulsed light (IPL) therapy or photorejuvenation, is a non-invasive procedure that uses intense pulses of light to rejuvenate and improve the appearance of the skin. It’s typically used to address a variety of skin concerns, such as sun damage, age spots, redness, uneven skin tone, and fine lines, and acne. Here’s an explanation of what a photofacial is, along with some benefits:
Explanation of a Photofacial: During a photofacial, a handheld device emits high-intensity light pulses into the skin. These pulses of light target specific chromophores (color-absorbing molecules) in the skin, such as melanin (responsible for pigmentation) and hemoglobin (responsible for redness), without damaging the surrounding tissue. The targeted areas absorb the light energy, which then stimulates the skin’s natural healing processes and promotes collagen production, resulting in improved skin texture and appearance.
Five Benefits of a Photofacial:
- Improved Skin Tone and Texture: Photofacials help to reduce the appearance of sunspots, age spots, and freckles, resulting in a more even skin tone and smoother texture, and minimize pores.
- Reduced Redness and Rosacea: The treatment targets redness and vascular lesions, making it effective for individuals with rosacea or facial redness caused by broken blood vessels.
- Minimized Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Photofacials stimulate collagen production, which lead to improved skin elasticity and a reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Sun Damage Repair: The procedure is particularly effective at addressing sun damage, helping to fade hyperpigmentation.
- Quick and Minimal Downtime: Photofacials are non-invasive and require minimal to no downtime. Most people can resume their normal activities immediately after the procedure. Some redness or mild swelling may occur temporarily but typically subsides within a few hours to a day.
It’s important to note that the effectiveness of photofacials can vary depending on an individual’s skin type, and concerns. Consult with our medical aestheticians to determine if a photofacial is suitable for your skin and specific concerns.
IPL Acne Treatment is a procedure that is great for acne therapy. IPL Acne Treatment will reduce inflammation and sebum (oil) production while targeting the bacteria that causes acne – without drugs, without pain and no downtime. These treatments are proven to be extremely effective on moderate inflammatory acne.
NOTE: Visia Skin Analysis is mandatory for this service.